Terms and conditions – Self-guided Trip Packages
These conditions apply to all bookings made directly to the company Jokkmokkguiderna HB, the company that owns Lapland Canoe Central. Jokkmokkguiderna HB company number is 969725 – 3871.
Lapland Canoe Central and Jokkmokkguiderna HB will hereafter be referred to as we or Lapland Canoe Central. All self-guided trip packages will hereafter be referred to as trip package.
Regarding booking and payment
Your booking is binding and the trip package is reserved for you.
When you book, you pay the full amount of your booking.
Cancellation should be made by email. Refunds will be made on the following terms:
- Cancellations between the time of booking and 31 days before arrival, 80% of the total booking will be refunded.
- Cancellations between 30 days and 15 days before arrival, 50% of the total booking will be refunded.
- Cancellations between 15 days and 8 days before arrival, 25% of the total booking will be refunded.
- Cancellations between 7 days or later before arrival, 0% of the total booking will be refunded.
If we Lapland Canoe Central must cancel for any reason you will get back the total amount you’d paid us including the deposit. It is your own responsibility to ensure you have a cancellation insurance. Check this up with your insurance company.
Changing your booking
Requests of changing your booking must be made via email.
We will do our best to assist you if you want to change your booking, but we cannot guarantee to be able to meet your request. Changes can only be made within the same year as your booking is valid. Any changes will be confirmed by Lapland Canoe Central via email.
If you don’t show up in time for your booked trip package appointed time or want to end your trip earlier, you are not entitled to any refund and we cannot guarantee to be able to arrange transports but we will do our best to try to solve it. For any extra transports in case of this or another scenario you will be charged regular transport price. If we do not get the canoe and equipment back on time, you will also be charged extra rent according to regular prices.
Your obligations as a renter
- To read your booking confirmation and check that all dates and products are booked according to your requirements. If not, please contact us to correct any misunderstandings immediately.
- Provide us with correct contact details when booking.
- That you understand how your equipment works. For example, know how to paddle and navigate by map.
- That the equipment is returned in its original condition. In the event of damaged or lost equipment, you are liable for compensation.
- That you are updated and respect the current regulations and laws around the area you will be staying in.
- That you respect Allemansrätten – The Right of Public Access, and of course you do not throw garbage and trash in the nature or in shelters.
- That you have the full responsibility for your own situation and understands that all activities are done at your own risk.
- That it’s your own responsibility to have a travel insurance.
- Follow the instructions and rules that apply to activity, accommodation, transfer etc. You are liable for all damages resulting from your behavior.
- You are responsible for possessing a valid passport and obtaining any visa required for travel to Sweden.
Force majeure means unusual, unpredictable and unavoidable events that are outside of the organizers control, and that prevents the contract to be fulfilled. Circumstances that the organizer could not, within reasonable means, have foreseen and therefore could not have avoided or overcome. Including, but not restricted to, war, threat of war, riot, civilian insubordination or strike, authority measure, act of terrorism, nature- or industrial catastrophe, epidemics, pandemics, fire, severe weather conditions, flood, closed air ports, technical issues, maintenance issues or unforeseen changes made by airlines or train companies, such as time table changes, interruption in IT-infrastructure (including but not restricted to our web site). During these conditions the organizer is free from liability or other consequences.